I love my son more than anything in this world but I am about ready to go stick him at the end of our road with a 'free' sign on him. At times he can be the sweetest most loving child and then in a split second he will turn and begin hitting and biting me. I don't know what to do. "No" doesn't work. "Please don't hit mommy" doesn't work. "DON"T HIT MOMMY!" doesn't work. I am at a loss. Any advice? My baby book says that kids his age do that....yeah okay...but how do I make it stop? My kid hits hard!
He has also figured out how to break into the freezer. We first would just tape it closed. It didn't take him long before he figured out how to get it off. So I went and got a baby lock. He broke that within the first couple hours of it being on there. The other day when I was getting ready it got really quiet. Not a good sign. So I went into the kitchen and found E standing with the freezer open, the chocolate ice cream lid in one hand and the other hand inside the ice cream carton. Hmmm....That was when he broke the "child proof lock". 

So I decided to tape it shut again but this time I would trick him and tape it at the top (where I usually do) and also on the bottom. Later that day I was going to the bathroom when my little boy runs in and throws a wad of tape at me. "Ethan, don't you dare!" He looked at me and smiled, then turned and ran as fast as he could. By the time I made it into the kitchen, I found this. 
I think the kid likes ice cream. My mom came down yesterday and glued the child lock back on. Hopefully it will hold....we will see.
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago





2 comments:
So that's what I have to look forward to...fun stuff...good luck with that.
I had a friend whose son loved to hit, he even hit me, and he had an ARM! I grabbed his arm as he was about to hit me and said, "Don't hit me." with my most authoritative voice. He smiled, then walked away and never has hit me since. I think the best is to catch him in the act, make your statement, and let him know you mean it.
Another thing that works for me, that I read in our local newspaper (a guy does advice on child-rearing and I love him!). He said to tell the child that whenever he does (bad behavior) he has to go take a nap on his bed for 1/2 hour (and you can even set the timer). He then has to stay on his bed for that time, and EVERY time he hits. Doc said to put him to bed early, too, if you think he won't learn just by the time-outs. Said child is then restricted from any fun toys, tv, video games, etc for the rest of the day, blaming it all on the Drs orders. Doc said a day or two of this and your child will learn not to hit. He may end up hating his DR, but he won't hate you for the restrictions.
Post a Comment