Thursday, March 10, 2011

1st appt....finally!

Well, I finally had my first ob appointment after feeling like I had to wait for FOREVER!!  By my book I was almost 11 weeks along and by this point in both of my last pregnancies I had already had an ultrasound or two by now.  I was so very ready for this appointment!  I met with a midwife during the afternoon and was scheduled for my first ultrasound a few hours later.  My appt with the midwife was fine...until she measured me.  "How far along do you think you are?"  I told her almost 11 weeks.  "How sure are you on your last period?"  I said about 90%.  Her next comment took me by surprise.  "Well, your measuring a bit bigger than that.....so, either you are having multiples or you are a bit farther along than you think"  I'm pretty sure my face went white.  I asked her how big I was measuring and she said about 15 or 16 weeks!  Well, I knew for sure I wasn't THAT pregnant so the fear that I may actually be pregnant with more than one baby was setting in.  She checked for heartbeats.  We only heard one but she said that didn't mean there was only one in there.  It was a long 2 hours before my ultrasound, let me tell you!  Lucky for me I was already far enough along in the pregnancy that I didn't have to have an internal ultrasound and instead was able to have a normal one.  And the ultrasound tech was nice enough to see how extremely full my bladder was and let me go to the bathroom right away.  (I hope I get her for our 20 week ultrasound too)  I was so nervous when she started looking around in there and I'm pretty sure I didn't look at the screen until I asked her how many babies she saw and she told me only one.  Phew!!  The ultrasound did show that I am farther along than I thought but only by a couple weeks....I guess I just have a big uterus =)  Lovely, right?  Here are a couple pics from our ultrasound.  It was so cool to be able to see a little tiny baby....usually your first ultrasound looks like sock fuzz and by the time you get your 20 week the baby is pretty big and can't move around as much.  I'm pretty sure Zach and I just sat and watched in awe....it made us fall in love with this surprise baby even more =)
Tilt your head a little to the left.  Then it looks like the baby is standing up and walking away from you.  This is the back view, I love the tiny hiney and little legs!
My precious one.  So in love already =)

2 comments:

Hillary Monroe said...

CONGRATS!!! So how far along are you now exactly? You were off a couple of weeks... are you 13 or 9? SO excited for you! :)

Melanie said...

Ok...you seriously scared me as I was reading this...yikes!!! Could you imagine twins, wow!!! I'm so excited for you and your big uterus!! It really is amazing how emotional you can get once you see this little baby inside of you!! I'm excited to find out what you are having :)