Saturday, September 6, 2008

The loss of a great doctor

When I was reading the newspaper yesterday, a name caught my eye in the death notices. It was the name of my OB-GYN. My heart sank. I don't like doctors much and I have seen my fair share of them. I was so excited when I met Dr. Drygas. He was so smart and blunt. He was my doctor when I had to get my ovary removed and I have been with him ever since. He knew that I wanted children and thought the best plan of action was to put me through "menopause" for a year to give my only ovary a rest. (Menopause sucked....the weight gain, mood swings, hot flashes...I do NOT want to have to go through that again!) He did a laparoscopy after I was done going through meno and we got pregnant a few weeks later. I don't know that without his knowledge and plan that we would have been able to get pregnant with Ethan as easily as we did. I went in and saw him about 5 months ago to talk about a plan to get pregnant with #2. I am so sad that he won't be the one to deliver my 2nd, if we have one. He truly was an amazing doctor and I don't know that I will find another that I will like as much as I did him. So, thank you Dr. Drygas for our beautiful son and for taking such good care of me always. I will never forget you.

2 comments:

Debbie Deerwester said...

I had Dr. Drygas for a while too! How sad. You had to go through a lot for Ethan. He was all worth though wasn't he? He's such a cutie!!

Melanie said...

Oh, finding good dr's are so hard. A while back I had a dr and that was really good, and then I was watching the news and there he was...convicted of prescription fraud...needless to say I didn't go back to him.