Saturday, September 6, 2008

The last weeks of summer....

I can't believe that summer is finally over and I have to go back to work this Monday. Boo. Last weekend was Harbor Days so Zach and I took Ethan down to see the Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain. It was a fun little family outing.
Ethan has been wanting to turn the light switches on and off but is to short to reach. So Zach showed him the step stool and told him to use it to reach things that are to high....what a good daddy. A couple days later I was coming out of the bathroom and I heard Ethan jump down from something and he ran to greet me. His cheeks were stuffed with cookie. I had given him a cookie earlier but would have swore that I saw him finish it. "Where did you get that cookie" I asked him. He happily took me into the kitchen to show me this.



He was so proud of himself...I quickly hid the step stool after that.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh I love Harbor Days and seeing Lady Washington...what a great thing to do. That's so cute about the step stool, I guess you really do have to be careful what Daddy teaches our sons...they'll do anything to be like them...lol (that makes me worried)

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

That's too great! Don't you love dads! :)