Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The older Ethan gets, the more I love this time of year!! It has been a lot of fun watching him get excited over lights and decorations. And every time he sees a Santa he says Ho Ho Ho. I have been tempted to take him to the mall to get his picture taken with Santa this year. I am actually impressed with the one they have over at the Capital mall! We'll see...I am pretty sure Ethan will be a screamer.

Zach and I decided that in order to save a little money we would find and cut down a tree off of Papa's property. One afternoon about a week or so ago, we sent Ethan down to play with Grandpa and we set out to find our tree. It took a while. We knew that we weren't going to find a tree that looked like one from a farm. We both knew that it would be more like a Charlie Brown tree and that was okay with us! This was the first year that we have put up a real tree. We have the most perfect spot for it in our house. We did end up finding a pretty darn nice tree. It definitely has some character. Ethan has really enjoyed having the tree up and he has been pretty good about just looking at it. He has only broke one ornament so far...and I was able to glue it back together. I did get him some of the window stickers to decorate with and he has loved them. I think they have been a great deterrent from the tree!!





A couple pics of Ethan and Papa from a couple days ago when they were jumping on the trampoline together. It was SO cute to watch them!



We hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season.

Merry Christmas to you!!

2 comments:

Morgan & Erik said...

YOUR TREE IS AWESOME!

The little man is getting so big! Still just as adorable! I bet this year will be a blast!

Melanie said...

I love trees with character...just like ours. I agree, Christmas time is so much more fun with kids, I can't wait until Roman is Ethan's age.