Sunday, June 7, 2009

22 Weeks Prego

I saw this on someones blog and thought it would be a fun way to remember my pregnancy.

*Weekly Survey*

How far along?: 22 Weeks!

Total weight gain: I never look...so don't ask...

How big is baby?: Around 11 inches long and almost a pound

Maternity clothes?: Been sporting them for a while...gotta get my moneys worth out of them!

Sleep?: Uncomfortable! Between the leg cramps and getting up to pee, I don't feel like I sleep very much.

Best moment this week?: Nothing so far but finishing work last week was pretty awesome.

Movement?: Lots of kicks that are getting stronger every day.

Food cravings?: Strawberries, red grapes and triple chocolate ghirardelli brownies.

Labor signs?: Nope

Belly button in or out?:
It's getting pretty flat.

What I miss: Being able to hold Ethan comfortably.

What I'm looking forward to: My upcoming appointment and hearing his heartbeat.

Update on the baby development:
His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

At only 22 weeks along, I feel VERY pregnant. I already walk like I am 9 months along thanks to wonderful ligament pain that I have been dealing with for about the last 3 months. I don't remember having pains like these with Ethan until I really was huge and just about ready to pop! Slimer's (that's what E calls him) kicks are getting more frequent and a lot stronger now. Feeling those kicks is my favorite thing about being pregnant! We still can't agree on a name...so Ethan might just get his way and this baby will be named Slimer.

0 comments: