Logan Ellis was born Friday, October 16th at 5:22pm
He weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long
We went in to the hospital Friday morning to be induced. Being 4 days overdue, I was definitely ready to get this baby out!! We arrived at the hospital around 8:30am. They took Zach and I to our room and got me all hooked up to the pitocin and ready to go. I was already dilated to a 3 and about 80% effaced. (Had been for 3 weeks...) Logan's head was still really high though, -3 is what the doctor called it.
The contractions started up right away and were nice and painful. The anesthesiologist was in a c-section so we had to wait a while to get the epidural. Around 1:30 or so I finally got my epi and man was I ready for it! At 2:30 my dr came to check me and break my water. I was dilated to a 6 and his head was still high. I thought for sure I would have been more dilated than that since I was having really strong, back to back contractions...
Around 3:30-4ish things got a little hectic. After 4 very strong back to back contractions Logan's heart took a bit of a dip. The nurse immediately put an oxygen mask on me and had me moving from side to side until she could find his heartbeat. That was frightening! They decided to turn off the pitocin to see how things progressed on their own. I was checked again around 4:30 and was still only dilated to a six.
I could tell my epi was wearing off because the contractions started to get pretty painful again. The nurse gave me the button so I could give myself little extra doses but that just wasn't cutting it! My doctor had just left to go back to her office and my nurse decided to check me again. In just a half hour I went from a 6 to a 10 and ready to push! CRAZY!!
I pushed a couple of times with the nurse and then had to stop and wait for the doctor because I was about to deliver. Once my doc got back I only had to push through about 3 contractions before Logan was delivered. All in all I only pushed for about 10 minutes! I tore a little because his shoulders got a little stuck but nothing to bad.
So at 5:22pm we welcomed Logan to the world. Weighing in at 9 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. His head measured 14 inches around...quite a bit smaller than Ethan's (thank goodness!)
We are so glad to have Logan home with us now. He is the perfect addition to our family. Ethan is totally in love with him. He is always concerned about his baby Logan. E enjoys helping me by getting me a diaper for L when its time to be changed, patting L on the back when Im burping him and giving him plenty of kisses and hugs. We are really working on being gentle....it's a good thing Logan came out the size he did because I think he can stand to be man handled a little bit better.
Logan is completely opposite of how Ethan was as a baby. Ethan truly was my angel baby. Hardly ever cried, nursed like a champ and loved to be swaddled. Now, don't get me wrong, Logan is a wonderful baby...but this kid is a crier and he's gassy. So gassy. He enjoys sleeping all day and being up screaming all night. He's a better nurser now that my milk has come in but he's a snacker and I feel like I am constantly feeding him. He hates to be swaddled and loves to stretch. He has long skinny legs, long skinny feet and long skinny fingers. He may have weighed over a pound more than Ethan but E had more chunk to him. Logan's chunk is in his cheeks, which seem to start around his eyes. He really is absolutely adorable!
I have to give a special shout out to my parents...especially my dad for watching Ethan while we had the baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
**A lot more pics to come...blogger is being dumb right now!!**
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago





3 comments:
Congrats to the Kane family! I can't believe how beautiful your family is becoming. Logan is truly a sweet looking boy, and it's so nice that Ethan is being a great big brother.
Loves to you all!
CONGRATULTIONS! What a darling baby.
Anna, I'm so glad that Logan is here and you both are doing well.
you have a great family.
(cute grandma too.)
michelle
I am sooo excited for you, and relieved that you finally have that baby out. I am not even close or attached but I started to get stressed out for you. I wish I could hold him and love him. I miss you. Your little family is adorable. Good luck with baby #2...and little boy #1 I'm sure it's going to b a little rough. I'm sure thinking of you.
Post a Comment