Monday, November 15, 2010

Ethan Robert is 4!!!!

It's hard to believe our precious fat little baby boy is now a tall skinny (well, compared to what he used to be!) 4 year old boy.  His birthday was this past Wednesday.  We celebrated that night over at his Papa Tom and Uma's house.  Zach and I were good parents and forgot to bring a camera =)  At least we remembered both of the kids!

Sunday we were finally able to celebrate Ethan's and Uncle Sammy's birthdays with a Star Wars themed party.  Again....thanks to my amazing mother for pulling the whole thing together!  It turned out so cute and Ethan was super happy with it.  A while ago, Ethan told my mom that he wanted a marshmallow throwing game like the one she made for his Ghostbusters party.  She ended up painting a picture of Jabba the Hut (which turned out awesome!) and cutting a hole in his mouth.  The big hit was the marshmallow gun that she had got.  Ethan and Uncle Sammy had a blast shooting at Jabba together!  After a while the gun quit working and my genius, marshmallow loving son had a great idea.  He got behind the picture, put his mouth up in the hole and had people throw marshmallows into his mouth.  It was hilarious.  Logan especially got a kick out of it.  Ethan got spoiled with lots of fun presents....most of which had to do with Star Wars....go figure!

Here are some things about Ethan at 4 years:

  • Weighs 39lbs now
  • Has figured out how to draw....he thinks he's an artist.
  • Going to preschool 2x a week...he likes it okay, but would like it more if there were no rules.
  • Loves to play video games with his daddy.
  • Can be the best cuddler when he wants to be.
  • Knows his ABC's like the back of his hand and is learning how to read some words.
  • Loves to pretend play and also loves to play "guess who I am" 
  • Loves chicken nuggets and chocolate milk....I'm sure he would eat these at every meal if he could.
  • Is AMAZING at puzzles.  No more baby puzzles for this kid!  He loves to work on Grammie's 500+ piece puzzles with her.  He can easily do a 63 piece one by himself now.
  • Is more stubborn than his Papa...I didn't think it were possible for ANYONE to be more stubborn than that man =)
  • Loves to play with his brother and make him laugh....for a little while and then he wants his space.  I am constantly hearing "Mom, Logan is bugging me!"
  • His special bday fathead that his Daddy got him
    I love that it looks like his cheap plastic light saber is glowing!
    Birthday Buddies
    The adorable bday shirts my mom made for the boys
    Shooting Jabba
    He's pretty happy with this present his brother got!
    Jabba ate my son!
    Aunt Lissi was the first to get one in his mouth...good thing he's got aunts and uncles with good aim!
    This plan worked out well for him...
    Logan giving marshmallows to Ethan
    I'm leaving this game up for as long as it lasts...Logan loves it!
    Death Star bday cake made by Gramma Honey
    Waiting to blow out his candles
    We love you Ethan Robert!  You are an amazing little boy!!

3 comments:

aLissa said...

I love the picture of me throwing the marshmellow-- good job photographer! I have mad skills. Your welcome, Ethan.

Debbie Deerwester said...

What a fun party Anna! The boys look like they had a blast.

Melanie and Ernie said...

I'm so glad you were well enough to have a party...it looked like a blast! Your little boy is getting SO big.