Monday, October 6, 2008

My special day with the hubby

Let me just say....I love my husband. Last weekend he was really anxious to give me my birthday present, even though my birthday isn't until the end of the month. It didn't surprise me really because we are both horrible at keeping secrets and such from each other. Inside a card he had made me were two tickets for and also a train tickets to Seattle. I don't know how in the world he did all that without me finding out!! I was so excited....a date with my hubby...taking the train so we don't have deal with Seattle traffic and parking and maybe get to enjoy a glass of wine, or two.

So yesterday was the big day. Our train was leaving at 10:15. We got Ethan all set to spend the day with my parents, dropped him off and we were on our way. We got to the station and were about to check in when we saw the monitor saying our train was delayed...by a whole hour! Every other single train was on time but ours. What luck. (The good thing is that we have up to a year to use our tickets or get them refunded, so it looks like we might just take Ethan on the train to Portland and go back to the zoo sometime.) So we hopped back in the car, went and filled the gas tank and stopped by Z's parents house to print off directions.

I am actually glad that we ended up driving, although the train still would have been a nice change. We got to Seattle early enough that we got an awesome parking spot right across the street from the Paramount and we had enough time to wander down to the Pacfic Place shopping center for lunch. (It was a little weird to be in a mall with stores like Tiffany's, Coach and Barney's.) We ate at Pike Place Chowder and had some of the best clam chowder and seafood bisque we have ever tasted. I was having so much fun with my husband and we hadn't even gotten to the show yet. It was nice to walk around downtown holding hands (which we never get to do anymore since one of us is always holding on to the kid) and enjoying the scenery.

The show itself was wonderful. I loved it and I was actually surprised at how much my hubby didn't hate it. (I think he may have even liked it more than he will admit!) Our seats were perfect. On the main floor, center aisle and center seats. Not to close, yet not to far away. It was perfect.

After the show, since we had our car we were able to go visit John and Claire in their new house. It was nice to see them and Ari. He is walking and talking now and just as cute as ever. By the end of the day we were tired and anxious to get home to Ethan. We really missed him. I had such a wonderful day with Zach. It was a great early birthday. I love you baby!! Thank you again so much for our special day.

0 comments: