Man, February has been one crazy month for us and I am so glad that it is over. The month started off great when we found out that we were pregnant...then it just slowly got worse (but then eventually better). Ethan had to have surgery on the 17th for an undescended testicle. That was one of the most stressful days of my life. He ended up having a HORRIBLE night the night before and woke up with a little cold. So I proceeded to freak out because I had no one to call to cancel his appointment at 4 in the morning. I didn't know what to do. We ended up taking him up to Tacoma to see what the doctor would say. For as much as Ethan hates doctors, he did really well. I had gotten him a stuffed lion to take with him that we named Alex. (He's really in to Madagascar 2 right now) The nurse gave Ethan some hospital jammies with lions and tigers on them and she also got a shirt for Alex to wear too. We sat in the room for a while waiting to see the anesthesiologist, who was going to check Ethan out to make sure he would be okay to be put under. I have to say I was impressed with how well the nurses and doctors treated Ethan. (It was just Group Health!) The anesthesiologist said Ethan sounded nice and clear and we could go ahead with the surgery. Before they took him away the nurse brought him a lovely "cocktail". He drank it right up and before we knew it we had a "drunk" two year old. It was hilarious. They ended up taking him away in a little red wagon. He was so cute sitting in there holding his Alex and he was drugged enough that when we had to leave him he didn't freak out. The surgery took about an hour, then we had to wait for him to wake up. Seeing him coming out of the anesthesia was the hardest part of it all. I am so glad it is all over!! He of course was fine and running around once we got home.
That night, I started having some weird cramping...not so good. The next morning I called the doctors office and let them know what was going on. Because of my history they had me go in right away for some blood work. On Friday I had to go back for more blood work and an ultrasound. My mom was planning on coming in with me but Ethan started throwing a tantrum, so I was all alone. My ultrasound ended up taking a good hour and the tech ended up leaving to go get the radiologist. Now, I've had enough ultrasounds to know that the radiologist doesn't come in. So, I freaked out. They saw a gestational sac but no baby...but that's not what they were concentrating on and they weren't telling me a thing. When it was over the radiologist told me I had to go upstairs to see my OB but didn't say why. So, of course, I freak out even more. When I saw my OB, she said that it could just be to early to see the baby and that they found something else growing near my ovary but they aren't sure what it is. Then she tells me a list of things it could be. She tells me to come back in a week for another ultrasound. Let me just say, that week was one of the longest weeks of my life! This past Friday we had our 2nd ultrasound. Zach was able to get off of work and come with me. I couldn't look at the screen at first, I was so scared. After mustering up enough courage, I took a peek...and I saw it. The tiny little bean inside of the sac! The tech turned on her speaker and we listened to the little heartbeat. It was amazing. I had to go back and see my OB after my ultrasound. It was a good visit. She said that whatever it is that they see, it hasn't grown or changed in the past week so that is really good. And that's where we are at now. I still don't know what else is in there...hopefully it's just another cyst...they already know that I have one on my ovary and a fibroid somewhere else. The doctor is thinking it was just one of those that was causing my pain. (I sure hope so!) My due date ended up getting moved back a week, so now our official due date is October 17th. Oh, and somewhere in the middle of all this, Ethan's wound got horribly infected so we had to go back to the doctors to get some antibiotics. It is looking much better now!
Loving the shirt that daddy made him!!
So tired...
He finally learned how to drive his tractor...Yay!!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago





3 comments:
February truly was one crazy long heart stopping breath holding month. So glad it's over! Here's hoping March is smoother. Thanks for all your help with Grammie & Papa, you are priceless. Love the new blog look. Take care, I love you, Mom
Ohhhhh, I am so sorry the pain you've been going through. Hopefully it's behind you and you can move on...Your little guy is so dang cute!!!
oh my goodness... what a month! i'm glad that things are getting better, what a brave little boy (and mommy)! my dad said he saw you the other day... and that you're having a little AM sickness, I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment